Thursday, April 14, 2011

January 11th

Today we were given a sheet with different drama conventions and techniques on them, and it had to be couler coded to show which ones we defently knew (Green), maybe knew (Amber), and what we didn't know (Red). I know all the baisc things, such as sustaining a role, hot seating, voice patterns/projection and slow motion, but I didn't know anything about a soliloquy. So, as a homework task, I had to research it.
I found that a soliloquy is, in basis, a monologue, but instead of adressing the audiance with it, it's more of the characters inner thoughts and talking to themselves.
We then learnt about sound scapes, something I allready knew about, in the drama studio. A sounscape is where the actors produce sounds, normally without but can be in junction with music and digital sound, to create an atmosphere and set a scene. We first started this as one big group, doing the same action all around the cricle, following Miss Woffindens lead. We made a rainforest soundscape using tapping to signify the rain, and rubbing of hands like the wind through the leaves. We then split off into seperate groups to make our own rainforest sound scapes. Our's was more a perfect rainforest with more animals roaming about, while the others was more humours and of what can be a "modern day" rian forest, with chainswas a pouchers. But, theirs was mor organised than ours, and so it showed to be better.
We then did a conscience alley for my sake, as I didn't know what that was. A conscience alley, or "Thought Tunnel" as it is also known, is where a character with a dilema walks down a "alley" of people, at each point one steps out as a character from the story give for or against advice to the main character.

No comments:

Post a Comment