Thursday, April 14, 2011

December 14th

On December 14th we were tasked to research a social or pollitical issue. I chose to do Prison and the Justice System, because it seems to be less touched upon in T.I.E. I came across a great little article on Crimestoppers where a guest writer, Jim Dawkins (a former prison officer), wrote about the state of life within a UK Prison, check it out: http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/media-centre/guest-writers/crimestoppers-guest-articles/inside-the-uk-prison-service-by-jim-dawkins

There realy wasn't much else I could apart from short accounts and news articles about a similar, but un-usabole subject. There was especialy little on the Justic System, but Splendid Productions "The Trial" does seem tet about on going over it's complexity enough and the way they did it using the Brechtian style was superb; going overthe top, using song, breaking the fourth wall, etc.They gave me some inspirition for if I was going to do this sort of thing myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment