Monday, June 13, 2011

Personal Learnering and Thinking Skills table and evaluation

This is how I viewed me and my group at the begging of the unit in regards to the PLTS’.

Jack Silkstone
Olly Smith
Frankie Cooney
Abi Lee
Self Manager




Effective Participator




Reflective Learner




Creative Thinker




Independent Enquirer




Team Worker





While I may not have been holding the group back at the begging per say, I had the most reds and no greens. Olly has his drawbacks but he is a creative guy within music and on the fly ideas. Frankie didn’t fall short of anything, and balances with high-average and excellent. She did the main research for the facts and things that the piece was going to be about. Abi, on the other hand, seemed to be a natural at everything needed. She was a major part in the development of this, the basis of the actual performance in the begging came from her. But that isn't to say she fully took charge without a say from anyone else, she allowed everyone to have their say and pooled ideas together. She seemed to manage her time well with what was needed for the group out of her own private time, which allowed us to steam on. I tried hard to give her amber on this, but she never fell below the highest standards.
This is how I see us now

Jack Silkstone
Olly Smith
Frankie Cooney
Abi Lee
Self Manager




Effective Participator




Reflective Learner




Creative Thinker




Independent Enquirer




Team Worker





I’m still the least, but I have improved in Self Management and Team Worker, as I've integrated more into the group since the begging, and Olly has improved in Self Management with me, as we are now using more personal time to get tasks done quickly and correctly. Frankie has proven herself an effective team worker with significant improvement from my first views, but this improvement is more a case of being much better than expected, and while it may have looked like Abi was at the highest, she still proves to be improving in all areas with the constant script improvements and understanding.

I need to try and get myself into the green for a couple of them, and try to improve on reflective learning. Olly may need to try and do some independent research and enquiring of his own, and that may innately bump up his other areas. Frankie doesn't have far to go to get greens across the board, and Abi just needs to keep being Abi and nothing bad can happen.

I’ll be referring to this table and the PLTS’ in future and keep track of improvements, hopefully I’ll manage to give myself a green before the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment